Discover the 9 quick-n-easy tips showing you how to detox your liver and that also help improve your body’s metabolic functions.
Your liver supports the digestive system and the metabolism process by filtering large volumes of blood, storing nutritional vitamins and minerals, ridding the body of toxins from alcohol, medication, viruses and some foods, and helping clear your body of free radicals and enhance liver nutrition.
Over-loading your body’s internal filter with these various types of toxic substances can often cause dysfunction of the liver and in some instances could be life threatening. For more information on the liver facts please click here.
Every so often cleansing/detoxing your liver is required to help flush accumulated toxins from your body that, if allowed to remain, could lead to health problems such as sluggishness, headaches, and chronic health symptoms. Cleansing and detoxing your liver will assist it to operate at top performance.
The safest way to detox and cleanse your liver is to make lifestyle changes and eat a healthy and balanced diet that includes vegetable smoothies or vegetable juices. In addition there are a range of other things you can do to help your liver:
- Drinking up to 8 glasses of water per day is a must to flush out your system as well as getting plenty of fresh air.
- Try squeezing some lemon juice into a large glass of water and drink first thing in the morning to kick-start your digestive system. It will help give your system a boost and assist with the cleansing of the liver as well as the kidneys.
- Milk thistle has been shown to aid in the detoxification process along with chamomile, dandelion and black cohosh (Important: if you are pregnant, please seek the advice of your doctor before using cohosh).
- Eat healthy foods which enhance healthy liver functionality. Healthy foods such as grapes, beetroot, grapefruit and apples all assist the support for removal of toxins from your liver.
- Ginger is also fantastic for improving circulation and assisting the liver in the removal of toxins.
- Chlorophyll, which is found in all fresh green vegetables, can also aid with liver cleansing. You can also purchase concentrated chlorophyll in tablets, capsules and in drinks.
- Foods that are protein-rich such as nuts, whole grains and eggs an excellent source for detoxing and protecting your liver. It’s always a good idea to ensure that these foods are organic and are not treated with growth hormones or pesticides.
- Ensure that you take the appropriate supplements and vitamins for your liver. Zinc, Selenium and vitamin E, are a few that protect your liver from the sorts of free radicals that could cause major damage. Selenium is also found in garlic.
There is an extensive range of excellent detox and cleanse supplements available from you local health food stores.
This original content was created by DetoxandBodyCleanse.com
© DetoxAndBodyCleanse.com – All rights reserved